A night of Old Cavan Songs w Marcus Magee & The Hollaw Men
**THERE WILL ALSO BE TICKETS AT THE DOOR**
An evening of Old Cavan Songs and Irish traditional folk gems from local sensation Marcus Magee & The Hollaw Men at the Errigal Hotel, Cootehill on Friday the 20th of October 2023, at around 10 pm, doors open 9.30pm
The Band has been researching, connecting with and adding their own twist to the Cavan songs, bringing them to a full band sound while staying true to their story and meaning. Some of the songs will be known and others have fallen through the cracks of time, but they will all be brought back to life through storytelling of their origins and through an engaging performance on the night.
The evening will also include a raffle.
– This concert is created in support of the redevelopment of the much loved St Michael’s Hall into a modern high spec community and sports centre & in support of the vital community group Cootehill Cancer Care.
Tickets include stripe processing fee and are non-refundable.
Thank you for your contribution!
St Michael’s Hall Redevelopment - group formed to preserve and restore iconic and historic building.
• St Michael’s hall (SMH) was built in 1905 as a parish hall and has served this purpose very well over the past 12 decades. It has stood as a much loved prominent building for over 100 years. It has been extended and reroofed in the recent past. However, it now needs substantial work completed on it, to meet the current and future needs of the town and to equip it for the next 100 years.
• A strong committee has been formed and there are currently 20 members in the group; with a wide breadth of lived experience, encompassing individuals who have expertise in a broad range of community activities and working backgrounds. The project involves people who are excited by this project, and most importantly see the necessity for it for the wider community.
• The group’s fundraising endeavours are ongoing and there will be some unique and exciting events happening over the next months. First up is a dance with Eamonn Jackson providing the music on the night of the 10th of June in the Errigal County House Hotel, Cootehill. All details on event plans will be available soon.
• Future steps include reviewing plans to revamp the hall, inside and out and progressing fundraising. The members look forward to working on this huge project and to updating the public throughout. If you would like to get involved in these efforts or find out more please follow the Facebook page, email [email protected] or see www.cootehill.ie/project/st-michaels-hall-redevelopment.
Cootehill Cancer Care
- A vital community run non-profit organisation which financially support local families affected by cancer.