WELCOME to Cootehill St. Patrick's Day Weekend 2023!
Get all the Information you need about the Cootehill St. Patrick’s Weekend on this page.
NEW: The Parade Starts from the St Michael’s Church Car Park (H16 EH01) this year and proceeds towards the Church of Ireland on up through the town on Market St.
Scroll on down this page and find:
- The Full Cootehill St Patrick’s Weekend Programme
- How to Enter the Parade
- The When / Where and What of being part of the Parade
We Can’t wait to Celebrate with you!
COOTEHILL ST.PATRICK’S WEEKEND PROGRAMME
Watch An Cailín Ciúin
Gaeil Muinchille is showing the award winning Irish film An Cailín Ciúin (The Quiet Girl) in Le Cheile, Thursday 16th of March at 7 pm and 8.30 pm.
Spaces limited so booking essential. Tickets are free.
BE PART OF THE CELEBRATION
FLOAT / PARADE INFORMATION
- All floats assemble in the spacious St Michael’s Church car park and proceed from there (address below)
- Registration for floats between 2pm and 2.30pm at the St Michael’s church car park.
- There will be traffic restrictions in place from 2.30pm – 4.30pm with no access through the town, so it’s important all floats arrive BEFORE 2.30pm.
- The parade will start at 3pm sharp
- The fairies and farmers walk first (as the only ones – with their little legs – start from the Church of Ireland at the bottom of the town) and the floats proceed thereafter.
- You’re welcome to gently pass down soft sweets from your float to the parade visitors.
Very Important: Dog paraders please bring doggie bags and pick up if your dog litters on the street – if you forget bags on the day, you can get them across the road from St Michael’s Church.
SAINT MICHAEL’S CHURCH